Welcome :D

Let me show you some of my 4koma (about my life with cats).
Nao-p is my nick name my friend Mami Tachibana gave me. And I call her Mami-p. Of course it comes from Wedding Peach "Momo-p". No one calls me by the name except for her, but I love the 4 koma cartoon "Go Go Momo-pi (Gan-bare Momo-p)"(In the paperbacks) so I use it. :)
Oh, I'm a manga artist Nao Yazawa, and author of Wedding Peach, by the way. :)

These "comic strips" come from my 4-koma blog (in Japanese). You can see all of them in original here. If you have a request which 4koma will be next, tell me. :D
http://yazawanao.blog97.fc2.com/
Other Japanese blog

2013/11/03

Manga Class on 1st Nov.

Let me write about the manga class yesterday.

I had a phone from Manga School Nakano on 31st Oct, one day before the class. He said if I could come to the school and have a class on 1st Nov. Just happened to I could and I went, fortunately.

She came to the school and asked if she could have a class tomorrow because she saw the school's FB page which I made. (^_^) It was same with the others, but she was the first one who visited the school directly!

The student was a young women from Australia, during her sightseeing.

Although she was interested in manga, she  didn't draw manga/ manga-like-drawing. She wanted to try drawing manga-like character.

I suggested to her drawing chibi. Drawing chibi is easier, compare with serious manga character. (It's difficult as well serious drawing f you did it in serious, but it's a good one for beginner)

They are her work during the class. I k
now from my experience, it is very difficult drawing manga-style characters (especially chibi. It is a kind of contradiction, but if you drew manga style character well, drawing chibi is different matter. I've sometimes found some - sort of awkwardness - from chibi drawings by people from West. It's funny thing, but east Asian people have a big advantage of it)

 She didn't used to draw manga-like character, so it wasn't easy. Yet, she work hard and done very good job!!

My drawing for explanation & examples.



*Notice* Kindle manga book in a free promotion
Go Go Nao-P!
It's my 4koma (comic strip) which are collected from this blog with some columns. You can read all of them here, but having them as a book is not bad idea I think! It's free, anyway. ;)

0 件のコメント: