Welcome :D

Let me show you some of my 4koma (about my life with cats).
Nao-p is my nick name my friend Mami Tachibana gave me. And I call her Mami-p. Of course it comes from Wedding Peach "Momo-p". No one calls me by the name except for her, but I love the 4 koma cartoon "Go Go Momo-pi (Gan-bare Momo-p)"(In the paperbacks) so I use it. :)
Oh, I'm a manga artist Nao Yazawa, and author of Wedding Peach, by the way. :)

These "comic strips" come from my 4-koma blog (in Japanese). You can see all of them in original here. If you have a request which 4koma will be next, tell me. :D
http://yazawanao.blog97.fc2.com/
Other Japanese blog

2013/07/25

The mystery of Kindle English edtition

I've just downloaded the sample of Moon and Blood 4 kindle edition from Amazon.

Then...I found the book started from the last page. I mean...

"The kindle edition of Moon and Blood vol.4 has to be read from the end of the book to the beginning or it doesn't make any sense." '(a review from Amazon.com, Moon and Blood 4)

I was surprised because Moon and Blood 3 which I bought for a while ago was different. It's started from the first page of the book., I read it in ordinary way.

Because this new style is "reversed one", so the page goes right to left different way of other kindle books, like Mizuki, The Isolated Zone. In these manga (and old version of Moon and Blood) , the page goes left to right, but you should read it right to left, in the opposite direction of English style. It could be confusing sometimes - this might be a good thing.

But - in this case, when you DL the sample, it means you got the last few pages. Mmmmm - is it nice?

And one more thing what I can't miss is - the images are weird. The aspect ratio is wrong, they are vertically too long. :/ Awwwww.



See? The left is the new one, and the right is from my old file image.
It is not bad the image become bigger, but the drawing isn't shown correctly. 

I've asked if the image, the resolution can be get lager once, because I wasn't impressed the image quality of my kindle books from DMP. They said they can, I was pleased!

I wonder there was something wrong when they changed the date to high resolution. ???
A mystery. -.-

I e-mailed DMP and asked again, if they can fix it.

As long as I know - nobody has complained about this too long images. Why? The readers don't realize this? Actually, I didn't know it until one Japanese reader let me know, who bought this English version (he said because he couldn't wait until the release of the Japanese edition, btw. Wow! ^_^)

If it happened in Japan, many readers pointed out the fact. Or people have done, just I've not noticed ...? Kindle edition has many mystery, but this is also a big mystery to me. Western readers read manga in different way from Japanese reader...?

The biggest problem I have to e-books is the bleary image. The file can't be too large for DL/viewing , so the images have to be compressed, become in low quality. That is one of the reason I offered free Japanese edition of MB series. For people who bought English edition - having high quality book would be nice. If it was me, I'm sure I never miss the opportunity. 

But it isn't a very big issue for English readers, it seems...

The screen shots of  English and Japanese Kindle edition.

 Original size ↓

You can see how the image of Japanese edition is clear... no?
I'm not satisfied with this quality, but better is nicer. (sorry my strange English ^^;)

0 件のコメント: