Welcome :D

Let me show you some of my 4koma (about my life with cats).
Nao-p is my nick name my friend Mami Tachibana gave me. And I call her Mami-p. Of course it comes from Wedding Peach "Momo-p". No one calls me by the name except for her, but I love the 4 koma cartoon "Go Go Momo-pi (Gan-bare Momo-p)"(In the paperbacks) so I use it. :)
Oh, I'm a manga artist Nao Yazawa, and author of Wedding Peach, by the way. :)

These "comic strips" come from my 4-koma blog (in Japanese). You can see all of them in original here. If you have a request which 4koma will be next, tell me. :D
http://yazawanao.blog97.fc2.com/
Other Japanese blog

2012/09/21

A sort of Japonisme...?

The other day, I talked with guys from Amimaru
It's a new company(not a publisher) which gives a service for reading and buying manga on Facebook.Their service is in English now, but they are planning to have other languages.

The subject was, of course, the possibility of adding my works in their contents, but we also discussed (had a chat, more like ^^; - very interesting chat)  about the situation of the industry,  too.

We talked about some sites which are run by Japanese publishers (in English) . She showed one name, and said the site made by a local company, but you can see the page itself was done by Japanese, from the choice of fonts, color, layout so on. She said it didn't mean it was bad, but gave you some - some kind of  "unusual feelings", something different from they got used to.

It reminded me what I wrote about fonts in my blog(Japanese version)

I wrote about a challenge that you put all the things - fonts, periods, dots, dash, layout, etc. - in Japanese style, with a sense of Japanese, ignored all the methods of West ( I don't mean literally "vertical text", though) . Then show it readers -  "This is MANGA!" I wondered how it goes?  Is it acceptable and enjoyed? Or just makes readers annoyed? (unconformable to read. Well, it must had been annoying to read from right to left at first, everything has the first time after all, anyway)                                          For instance...



So how about -  if you made everything in Japanese style? From the site design to the contents itself?  Just wonder, sort of  ... "Japonisme"   People can follow or just be confused and hate it?

Just a thought.

To be honest,  I'd like to try the manga part someday, and see the readers' reaction, though.

 So far, I take the middle course. Tell the editor the principal, and leave the decision to her. 
Because easy to read is priority for entertainment. 

Still, because all the elements is connected composition manga deeply, it could give you new view about "how manga is supposed to read", so showing the un-adopted one is - wort a try, don't you think so? 

And deep understanding how to read manga means get the essence how to draw(compose) manga, I think. You might find some new things in manga you've read already,  by knowing that.   

*They are just one manga artist's impression, I don't mean "this is the right!" - just in case. ^^;


0 件のコメント: